Google My Business (GMB) allows companies to have an online presence across Google Search and Google Maps. By verifying and managing your online presence, you can submit and display your business information and increase your visibility to potential prospects. You can do all of this free of charge.
Google My Business provides businesses with a user-friendly page, that allows managers to create content, interact with customers, and view insights on how your business has been found.
What can you do with Google My Business?
- Manage information that customers will see – you can include your business and the products and services that you offer. Companies who verify their information with Google My Business are more likely to be considered by Google searchers. The platform effectively gives businesses a further chance to appear on Google search results pages. For example, if you don’t exist on Google My Business and another competitor does, listing their office working hours, office address and street address; who do you think potential customers would be more likely to approach?
- Interact with Customers – The more you respond to reviews and customer questions the more trustworthy you will appear. If you post photos this can help you achieve better click-through rates to your website. This will also give potential customers a visual representation of your business – turn snapshots into sales. There is a correlation between more detailed GMB listings, and higher results in the ‘local pack’ (the business listings that often appear on search results pages).
- Additionally, You can post offers and updates on your GMB listing. This is a great way to tempt potential customers to purchase your products or services (or find out more).
- Understand and expand your presence – You can track GMB visits by creating tracking links to use in conjunction with Google Analytics. This helps you to measure what is working and what isn’t.
- Devices – the local pack results and GMB listings can be found across different devices; computers, mobile and tablets. This makes your company more visible to prospects in search results – however they use Google search.
Having a Google My Business profile is essential for local Search engine optimisation (SEO). It allows you another opportunity to appear in local search results, when potential prospects are searching for your related products and services. GMB also integrates with Google Maps to further extend your potential to attract local users of Google products.
As discussed earlier, GMB listings are free! A listing can be created by anyone with a Google account (although some help optimising your listing may be advisable).
Google is (of course) the largest search engine. Increasingly Google search is the first place people go, when looking for a service provider. The more information you can give Google, the more information it can display about your business to potential new clients. We recommend setting up a Google My Business listing, as it can benefit your Law Firm in many ways as discussed.
For more information on Google My Business and how to get started please contact us on 0800 133 7127 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.