Business networking is where entrepreneurs meet to form business relationships to recognise, create or act upon business opportunities, share business information and seek potential partners for future ventures.
By simply being present at an event or conference, you have the opportunity to create connections with likeminded professionals who can help enhance your understanding of the legal sector, which can eventually be passed on in the range of expertise you can offer to your consumers.
Whether you’re new to the industry or have been in it for years, you might not be aware of the extreme benefits networking can have for your law firm. Business networking can appear rather complex and daunting, so to make network marketing work for you, here are some useful tips to how to go about them and to help you understand why these events are beneficial.
- Do your research – Before you go, it can be useful to look who else is attending and whether there’s anybody who you can utilise or that you’d be interested talking to in order to gain fresh insight or valuable information. You could learn a lot from their experience and this could benefit your firm.
- To develop your business, considering attending networking events can be worthwhile. This can be nerve wracking, but think positively and put into perspective the key opportunities and new people you can meet. All good networking groups are very inclusive because they want new members to strengthen their groups. Don’t forget, people are there to make new contacts and learn new things, just like you!
- In case you’re worried of getting tongue-tied, take your business cards or even some handouts with a little more detail to help support your conversations. Additionally, if somebody talks to you about a topic you’re unsure about, don’t be afraid of asking them for more detail. Don’t forget to ask for their business card too!
- By attending these networking events, you will not only expand your knowledge, but you will also have the chance to develop confidence, communication techniques, emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills which are all essential when dealing with clients.
- Always think about the positives of attending events like these, even if you feel it’s going wrong. Don’t worry, you have gained the experience and will be even more prepared for the next event you attend, as you will know what to expect.
- Dress smartly. You need to look the part for people to believe you’re trustworthy.
- Remember you are very lucky to work in a sector that has services and products everybody needs! Everyone needs a lasting power of attorney (LPA) sometime in their life. So, don’t feel defeated!
- After the event, if you have connected with new people and exchanged business cards – follow up and keep in touch! Drop them an email; this could help expand your firm’s business and help theirs!
Finally, if you want to develop a plan to benefit from the networking groups in your area. Register for one of our network marketing webinars. Contact us today on firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.