Social Media Marketing (also known as SMM) provides a fast, efficient and low cost way to keep in touch with existing clients and engage new prospects.
Not only is social media for law firms great for sending messages to connections and reaching out to potential clients, it’s also a cost-effective way to manage your customer care services. You are able to speak to clients and resolve issues much quicker than other methods of communication. Clients will feel more valued if they have a way of getting in touch when they need to.
Sharing your legal knowledge and making online content more accessible is a great way to boost your profile within the market. Social media lets you do this without spending time and money on printing and sending out brochures, or needing complex databases.
There is a multitude of social media channels in the market, but there are certain ones that work well within a legal business environment.
Social Media Management Packages from £149 per month
Don’t have the time to implement social media in your law firm? Our specialist team can help with social media management – whether you would like to be shown how you can do this yourself with advanced tools and software or by letting us do all the hard work for you. We are here to show you new techniques that will get your voice heard. Prices start from £250 per month.
- Boost your brand – Increase your online visibility and help win new work.
- Increase your credibility – Consumers are now validating your credentials and expertise through your social media profiles.
- Flexible – Adjust your package as your business grows.
- Add-ons – Extend your reach and target specific demographics with Social Media Paid Advertising.
Words of Encouragement
We are really pleased with how professional our social media is looking, how
regularly it is updated and the content. We were always worried about going onto
social media, fear that we would have nothing interesting to say and it would be a
five minute wonder. But having a few millennials in the office has highlighted how
important it is. When winning new work, I show they our platforms and they now
use this together with our website to introduce new clients to us. Kelly Fleming, Director – SureMove
Video: Are you using social media for your law firm?
LinkedIn is the world’s largest online professional network with close to 5 million members in the UK. Use LinkedIn to position yourself as a thought leader, engage your audience and drive those who show interest in your offering, to take action. See article: Using Linkedin To Generate Business For Your law Firm
Many professionals see Facebook as solely a personal social media platform that is used by millions of people to share holiday snaps or contact old school friends. As it’s so clearly popular, this means there will be a whole host of potential clients waiting for your help and advice.
You probably will have heard the term “hashtag” before – and Twitter is where this term originated. Sending “tweets” and using relevant hashtags can spark debate and get you connecting with like minded professionals as well as your target market.
Popular hashtags used within the legal sector include #SolicitorHour which is used by The Law Society to allow everyone involved in this weekly online discussion to be seen and get involved. Simply type this term into the Twitter search bar to see what people are saying in these debates.
Social Media Strategy
- What business goals do you want to reach using social media?
- Who is your target audience and what time of day is best to engage with them?
- What type of social media channels are best for your particular business?
- Which type of content will work best to meet your goals?
- Do you have any promotional budget for paid adverts?
- What A/B testing can you create to compare how different content types perform?
- How can you use data to measure the success against your goals?
Need help answering some of these questions? Here at Solve Legal, we’ve had years of social media experience and have vast knowledge on what social media strategies work for law firms.