WhatsApp has recently launched ‘WhatsApp for business’ which allows businesses to connect with customers online in a personal manner. With today’s generation largely adopting WhatsApp (they now have 1.3 billion users) it seems a sensible move to separate business and personal messages on the platform.
WhatsApp for business is free to download android app for small businesses only. This makes it easier for businesses to respond to customers and to keep track of who is contacting them.
There’s no change for current WhatsApp users, they will still be able to message businesses but control their experience by blocking users and reporting spam. The businesses will only be able to contact customers who have provided their number and agreed to receive messages. This makes the process appealing to users, as they will only be contacted if they have asked to be.
So, what does WhatsApp for business include?
- Business Profiles – Structured like a Facebook company page, they will provide customers with useful information such as website, business description, email address and the addresses of stores they have.
- WhatsApp Web – Not only can you contact customers on your phone, this app is also available on desktop, allowing you to send and receive messages on your computer (if you prefer to use this instead of a mobile).
- Keep Track of Messages – You can keep track of statistics, such as how many customers have read your messages. This helps you identify what is working (and areas that aren’t).
- Messaging Tools – You can set automated responses to frequently asked questions. You can also assign personalised greetings messages, to make your audience feel engaged.
- Security – WhatsApp will have systems in place to confirm that the details of business accounts are genuine. This will help to ensure that companies are legitimate. This gives users faith in the system and confidence in contacting businesses using the platform.
- Unavailability – You can even set up an automated message and appear away when you’re unable to respond to customers.
WhatsApp for business is currently available for Android and desktop. It is also likely that the service will also come to IOS soon.